Nature-Based Solutions, Higher Flood Management Standards, and FEMA’s Community Rating System
The National Flood Insurance Program‘s (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a federal incentive program that provides flood insurance policyholders with discounts on their premiums in exchange for their community taking actions to reduce flood risk.
This free webinar series will specifically highlight how communities may achieve success in the green elements of the program. This four-part webinar series is your opportunity to learn more about nature-based solutions for community resilience, hear success stories from around the country, ask questions, and share input. CRS experts will share their experience and knowledge about tools, regulations and the process for building community resilience through the CRS.
- The CRS Green Guide and Natural & Beneficial Functions of Floodplains
- October 30, 2017 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
- Register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/326588323809892097
- Building CRS Capacity: Success Stories at the Local and State Level
- November 6, 2017 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
- Register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5692724036845120513
- CRS Open Space Preservation (Activity 420) Tools, Guidance and Success Stories
- November 13, 2017 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
- Register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5707053971889935617
- CRS Stormwater Management (Activity 450) and Urban Flood Management Best Practices
- November 27, 2017 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
- Register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6971550617948615425
CRS for Community Resilience website.